Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A Tug at the Heartstrings Continued

For those of you who weren't following our old blog, this story starts here: http://apiecewaitinginchina.blogspot.com/2012/10/a-tug-at-heartstrings.html

That email said:  "I GOT HIS FILE TODAY ON OUR INDIVIDUAL LIST!!!  FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!  Please let me know your thoughts and let’s make this happen!"

And the rest is history!   We submitted our Letter of Intent (LOI) to adopt 'Jack.'  On Friday, September 28th, after 9 days of waiting,  we got our Pre-approval (PA) from China!  

 The pictures above and the picture below are his referral photos from his file. 

 I found this photo below in a Sunshine School newsletter, thanks to a friend who is adopting two girls from this same orphanage!


We cannot wait to finally have you HOME, little 'Jack!'  You now have a FOREVER family of your own and someone who will love you and dry those tears and hug and kiss you until you feel better.   We are working hard on paperwork and hope to be able to bring our sweet son home before his 6th birthday, which is July 1st....also our 7 year anniversary.  7 children in 7 years....how lucky and blessed we are!  We are praying and trusting in Him to help us afford to bring another one of his treasures into a forever family.

The theme of this blog is Disney because 'Jack's' biggest wish is to go to Disney World!

15 comments:

  1. Is there anything that can be done to help fund your new adoption proceedings? Donations? Gifts?
    Becky from college

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Madison is a great agency, aren't they? We are working on second adoption with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing story that brought tears to my eyes! Congratulations! Erin Schmidt www.schmidtfamilysnapshot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Erin. I can't get your blog link to work for some reason. I'd love to stop by and visit it! :)

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful story! I was just crying as I looked at all the photos and especially at Jack's with the little worried look between his eyebrows - just broke my heart! I am so thrilled you get to go back and get your son!!

    http://www.alittlehelpfromchina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your blog with me, Shawn! Congrats on your TA today- I can't wait to follow your trip to China!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations Brooke and Family! He is the cutest thing ever! God Bless you for hauling yourselves right back to China again. Ya can't keep a good mom down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Char! How are YOU guys and how are the kids adjusting?

      Delete
  6. Thank you all for your sweet words! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Brooke.....I'm SO happy for you......wonderful news. Little Jack is absolutely precious......and I know you're one proud Mama (again).....Hugs to you my friend, Donna Patrick

    ReplyDelete